Selling Your Business - Basics
Selling your business is a major event in your life. You have invested tremendous personal and financial resources into the success of your business. It is only fitting that you choose Coldwell Banker Commercial when you sell. Coldwell Banker Commercial NRT gives you the power that only the world’s largest brokerage can provide.
The process need not be intimidating
A Coldwell Banker business specialist will be happy to meet with you to discuss your business and goals as well as what services can be provided. Since a successful business sale is highly dependent upon market valuation of the business it is highly beneficial that an accurate valuation be prepared. Information necessary to complete the valuation is as follows:
* Year-to Date Income Statement and Balance SheetColdwell Banker Commercial NRT will utilize this information to assist with establishing the asking price and reasonable expectations for a successful sale.
* Three years of Income tax returns
* List of furniture, equipment, patents and other assets to be transferred
* Copy of lease or real estate description to be transferred with the business
* Average value of marketable inventory on-hand
Following valuation a marketing plan is discussed to expose the business to the maximum amount of qualified buyers while diligently preserving confidentiality surrounding the transaction.
A contractual marketing agreement will be entered into between the seller and Coldwell Banker NRT that will allow Coldwell Banker Commercial NRT to act as the transactional broker under agreed upon terms and conditions.
Coldwell Banker Commercial NRT will implement the marketing plan to expose buyers to the business locally, regionally, nationally and internationally.
Once a qualified buyer is located our associate will present the details of your business operations including relevant valuation information.
We will assist through the contract negotiations, due diligence process and closing to smooth the many details and make the whole experience rewarding and fulfilling for all parties.